top of page

Swindon Safe Places

Swindon Safe Places Scheme is supported by Disability Experts and Wiltshire Victim Support.

If something happens and you feel you need help you can go into any shop, library or office that has one of these signs in the window.

The people there can make a phone call for you and give you somewhere safe to be until you feel better and if you need it, somebody you know and trust can come and pick you up.

If you need one, you can have something called an ICE card.

ICE stands for In Case of Emergency.  On the ICE card you can have the things that somebody needs to be able to help you and you can just hand them the card if you are shy or unable to talk.

Other places in the country also have a Safe Places scheme, the window posters make look a little different but you will be able to get the same kind of support.

bottom of page